2022 Congressional Art Competition
Each spring, the U.S. House of Representatives hosts a national Congressional Art Competition, otherwise known as The Artistic Discovery Contest. This year I'm hosting a contest in the 16th Congressional District for high school students in grades 9 to 12. The winning student will have their artwork displayed in the U.S. Capitol for 11 months and may have the opportunity to travel to the Capitol for a Congressional Art Reception. The second and third place winners will also have their artwork framed and displayed in my DC and District congressional offices. Please see below for more information.
The deadline to submit your artwork to our office was May 1, 2022 at midnight. Submissions are no longer being accepted.
For any questions or concerns please call (914) 371-9220.
- The student must either reside or attend high school in NY-16
- Each submission must be original and may not violate U.S. copyright laws
- You must be in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 to enter
- Artwork must be 2D, no larger than 26 in. x 26 in. and no deeper than 4 inches. It should not weigh more than 15 lbs.
- Accepted media:
- Drawing: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (we recommend charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed)
- Print: lithograph, silkscreen, block print
- Computer-generated art
- Each entry must be accompanied by a completed Student Information and Release Form (must be signed by the student, their parent or guardian, and their teacher)
- A picture/ image of the artwork must be uploaded to the submission link.
View all winning submissions here: https://www.congressionalinstitute.org/art-contest-winners/